Grant and tax savings available for area home buyers!

Downpayment Plus® Program

Heartland Bank and Trust Company is participating in a statewide affordable housing program known as the Downpayment Plus® Program. This program assists low and moderate income homebuyers in Illinois with down payment and closing costs.

Illinois Home Start Credit

Receive a federal Illinois Home Start Tax Credit equal to 20% of your annual mortgage interest paid for as long as the home is owner-occupied. The remaining 80% of the mortgage interest paid remains eligible as an itemized tax deduction.